If Only Tears Could Bring You Back

by TiaCoIe@aol.com




Maxim slowly stood up after being pushed back by the force they used to destroy the sinistrals. He slowly walked over to Guy and helped him up. "Hey Guy, Are you alright?" He asked to his friend. "It'll take more to get rid of me than that!" shouted Guy with a grin on his face.

Maxim slightly shook his head and smiled. He walked over to Artea, and helped him up. "Artea? How are you doing?" He asked Artea. Artea shaook his head abit, and rubbed his eyes. "I'll be fine" spoke the elf.

Maxim and the other two ran across the glass bridge. Maxim saw his wife, and smiled. "We did it Selan, we did it!" He shouted to her. "Yes, we did.." Spoke Selan weakly. "And now, we can go home, to our son, Jeros.." He spoke very happily.

"No.." She said, even more weaker than before. Soon, she collasped onto the ground. "Selan!" Maxim shouted as his eyes widened. "When the energy barrier ruptured, it hit me too.. I can hardly speak.." She said, with a small smile and tears swell within her eyes.

"Selan!" He shouted one more time. "Maxim.. Please hold... our son, Jeros.. for me..." she spoke with a smile. Soon, her eyes closed and her head moved toward to the side. She was dead. "Selan? Selan, NO!" He shouted, tears swell in his eyes. Soon, the Fortress began to shake.

How will I start
tomorrow without you here?
Who is to guide me
all the answers disapear.

Is it too late?
are you too far gone to stay?
Best friends forever
should never have to go away.

What will I do?
You know, I'm only half with you.
How will I make it through?

If only tears could bring
you back to me.
If only love could
find a way...

What I would do
what I would give if you
return to me
Some day...

Some how...

Some way..

If my tears could bring you back...
to me...

The Glass Bridge began to fall apart. Guy and Artea were forced backwards and across from the two. "Maxim, were too far apart! I cant cast warp on all for of us.!" Maxim paused for a momant, and spoke softly. "Leave without me.."

"What?!" Artea shouted. Maxim turned to him with fury. "I said GO! I cannot leave Selan alone!" "Artea..." Guy said softly. Guy turned to him. "Cast Warp on both of us, now." Artea turned, shouting. "Are you nuts?! I cant leave them behi---" Guy interuptted him. "We HAVE to leave! We have to tell the world the news, its better we live than all of us go!"

Artea hesitated, and turned toward Maxim and the lifeless Selan. "My friend, I promise to tell the world this grand victory. Be well, My friend.." Artea's eyes swelled with tears and pain. He spoke silently. "Warp..." and Guy and Artea warped out of there.

Maxim gently put her head on Selan's chest, tears running down his cheeks. "Selan, I.. love you, I always have, and always will.." He spoke, as the Island moved to the ground.

I've cried up an ocean
if you say "I'm home again."
Waves of emotion
will carry you, I know they can.

Just like I'll guide you
and your heart will chart the course.
Soon you will be drifting
to the arms of your true north.

Look in my eyes,
you'll see a million tears
have gone by.
And still, there not dry.

If only tears could bring
you back to me.
If only love could
find a way...

What I would do
what I would give if you
return to me
Some day...

Some how...

Some way..

If my tears could bring you back...
to me...

The Hero, Lufia, Aguro and Jerin defeated the sinistrals at last. The Hero, with a smile, turned toward Lufia. Lufia, without hesitation walked up infront of him. The Hero looked very confused. "Lufia!.... Lufia?" He spoke to her. Lufia spoked without any hesitation.

"Hold The sword, Hero." The Hero looked very confused as he took a step back. "Lufia... Lufia, wha...?" Lufia began to explain. "16 years ago, I was born as Erim. But I was Erim before that." The Hero refused to believe it. Inside of him screamed that she was Lufia, not Erim.

"I... I dont believe that!" he shouted, not wanting to believe it at all. Lufia began to explain again. "Just as the sinistrals are your enemies, those with Maxim's blood are mine." The Hero tightened his fists. It cant be true, it just cant be.. he thought.

"How can we be enemies?" He spoke to her. "The Sinistrals are my foes, not you!" Lufia took a step forward, speaking once again. "*I* am the sinistral, Erim. Even if you defeat Arom, Daos, and Gades.." she said, tears swelling in her blue eyes.

"...They'll return as long as I live." Energy began to swirl around her, as if ready to battle. "Finish this, Hero." she spoke, as if she wanted to be killed. The Hero didn't want to, he just didn't have the heart to kill his only love, the one he wants to hold, to hug, to kiss..

"Lufia, dont do this!!" He begged to her. "Hero, DESTROY ME!" she shouted loudly to him. Soon, The Dual Blade floated over to Lufia. The Hero, shocked, shouted "The Dual Blade?!" It began to swirl energy around Lufia, and went into her. Soon she was blasted away.

I hold you close
and showed the words
I always wished
would befold.

For one more chance,
For one last Stance
There's out of her
That I would not end up..

"Why? Why did the Dual Blade go into Lufia? Where is she? I never wanted to fight her!!" He shouted mostly to himself. "Hero.." a small voice spoke out. Surprised, he ran to where he heard the voice. To his surprise, it was Lufia. She was laying down on the glass bridge, barely alive.

"Lufia!!" He shouted happily. He felt so much happiness, she was still here. Tears streamed in her eyes and down her cheek. "I was so scared," she spoke. "All the memories of Erim flooded into my mind.. They just would stop, Hero.. I started to forget about you, Hero.."

"Is that why you disappeared infront of me?" He asked her softly. "But..." she continue. "When you called my name.. I realized, I.. remembered you, Hero." The Hero looked very worried. "Lufia, Please, dont talk.." Yet, Lufia continued. "Hero, i.. its alright, the sinistrals are gone forever."

"Lufia, hold on!!" He shouted, afraid to loose her. "Hero. I was much happier in the short life I lived as Lufia than the eternity I spent as Erim.." The Hero shook his head. "What are you talking about, we'll always be together.." Lufia smiled. "Really? We'll always be together? forever?"

The Hero nodded his head. "Yes, forever.. forever always, Lufia.." Lufia smiled, and her eyes closed. "Lufia?" He said but got no response. "Lufia?!" He shouted again. "Lufia, No!!" He screamed out, tears streaming down his eyes. He realized, that he had lost her...

If only tears could bring
you back to me.
If only love could
find a way...

What I would do
what I would give if you
return to me
Some day...

Some how...

Some way..

If my tears could bring you back...
to me...