Arek's Revenge
by Jesse Fisher
E-mail: jwfisher@iastate.edu




I created this story for the final writing project during high school in 1997. This story ties together Lufia I and II. It ties in script from Lufia I, so there are spoilers! I hope you enjoy my first fanfic. For the purpose of the story, the "hero" from Lufia I, is named "Jack."



Prelude



One hundred and ten years ago, four evil beings tried to take over the world. They called themselves "Sinistrals". The first Sinistral, Gades, was the Master of Destruction. The second, Amon, was the Master of Terror. The third, Erim, was the Mistress of Death. The fourth, the leader, Daos, was the Master of Chaos. There was a fifth Sinistral, who's name was Arek, who was the overseer and above the four.

The four main Sinistrals lived on a floating island called Doom Island. At first it seemed they would succeed. They were about to until four heroes came to challenge them. They were Maxim, Selan, Guy, and Artea. Maxim wielded the greatest sword, the Dual Blade. Selan had great magic, Guy with strength, and Artea, an elf with a bow and magic.

When these parties fought each other, it was called "The Battle on Doom Island". The heroes were successful, but Selan was severely hurt after the battle. When Maxim went to her the floor fell with Maxim and Selan on one side with Guy and Artea on the other. The island was falling! Artea had the power to teleport, but Maxim and Selan were too far away. Guy and Artea had to leave them behind.

When Guy and Artea left, Maxim found that the island was about to fall on the city where Maxim's and Selan's child was. With the last of his strength, Maxim destroyed that force that was carrying the island to that city. Doom Island sank into the sea. Maxim and Selan died, but Maxim's line was saved. The Dual Blade also fell with the island. The people thought the world was safe...


That was 110 years ago. Ten years ago, in the village of Alekia, there was a boy who was the descendant of Maxim. His name was Jack. One day a girl came wandering into the village. Her name was Lufia. Lufia and Jack became friends.

Ten years later, Jack had become a knight of castle Alekia. Jack and Lufia were very close friends. One day there was a rumor that monsters had attacked a neighboring kingdom, Sheran. Jack went to check it out. The king and others of Sheran were kept in the dungeon. Jack freed them. When they left the castle, someone was there. He called himself Gades! It seemed like the Sinistrals were coming back. Gades left when he saw Lufia.

Jack wanted to go after these Sinistrals. Lufia insisted to go with, and after some persuasion, he let her. Through their travels, they gained two more companions, Aguro and Jerin. Jerin was an outcast because she was half-human and half-elf. She survived on magic and her bow. Aguro was a general in the Lorbenian army.

Before the Sinistrals were back fully, Jack's party went underwater to recover the Dual Blade. The sword that Maxim used to destroy the Sinistrals was found on the sunken Doom Island. About this time someone confronted the four heroes and said Lufia was Erim. Lufia denied it but disappeared later. By now, the Sinistrals were totally revived and the island was again afloat. When the three heroes were ready, they went to the island for the second "Battle on Doom Island".

The story starts on the day of that second battle. The Sinistral Arek, views what happens...



Part 1: Arek's Rage



Far away, Arek, King of the Sinistrals is sitting on his throne. He is suddenly awakened from his slumber and has a strange feeling something is happening.

"Egar! Come here!" said Arek.

"Yes...master," replied Egar.

Egar is Arek's servant. He is a human from the planet below. During the four Sinistrals first terror, when Amon destroyed a city once, a human survived. Arek needed a servant, so Amon took the human to Arek's fortress and kept him there. Because Amon had spared him, Egar willingly did anything for Arek.

Arek's fortress is invisible. It resides on an invisible island very high in the sky. This island is definitely bigger and more powerful than Doom Island. Nobody below knows of this island. Arek had named it, "Apocalypse Island". If you were on that island, a force field kept you from aging. When Egar was captured, he was in his late 40's. Because of the field, he is still in his late 40's.

Egar goes up to Arek, "What do you need, master?"

"Turn on the tele-view. I want to see Doom Island. I have a funny feeling something is happening."

Egar goes to a wall to Arek's right and presses a few buttons and a large screen comes down from the ceiling. The screen shows the four Sinistrals and the three humans. It is inside the fortress on Doom Island.

Arek sits and watches the three heroes defeat Gades, Amon, and Daos.

"What?! Why isn't Erim fighting them?!" Arek exclaimed, "Egar! Turn on the sound!"

On the same wall Egar presses the "sound" button. Arek and Egar watch and listen to what is happening:



Aguro: "Four Sinistrals become one!"

Jerin: "How can this be possible?"

Jack: "Lufia! Lufia!"

Daos: "The energy of the Dual Blade! It can't be!"

Amon: "Daos! Erim's energy is growing unstable!"

Gades: "Erim! My sister!"

Erim: "My...my head! Aaaah!"

(Erim/Lufia falls out of the formation. Jack runs to her.)

Jack: "Lufia! Lufia! Can you hear me?"

Lufia: "Jack?"

Jack: "Do you know me?"

Lufia: "I remember...but, who am I?"

Jack: "Good. Good!"

Lufia: "Jack."

Aguro: "Jack, Lufia! Stand back! The Sinistrals are changing again."

Daos: "Descendant of Maxim! Nothing will stand against me this time! Come to me! Meet the hideous destiny you richly deserve!"

(Jack, Aguro, Jerin, and Lufia battle "Guard Daos". They succeed.)

Jack: "Lufia. Lufia?"

Lufia: "Hold the sword, Jack."

Jack: "Lufia...Lufia. What....?

Lufia: "16 years ago, I was born as Lufia. But I was Erim long before that."

Jack: "I...I don't believe that!"

Lufia: "Just as the Sinistrals are your enemies, those with Maxim's blood are mine."

Jack: "How can we be enemies? The Sinistrals are my foes, not you."

Lufia: "I am the Sinistral Erim. Even if you defeat Amon, Daos, and Gades...they'll return again as long as I live."

(Lufia is saying that she is Erim, she had survived the battle against Maxim and the others. Because she had, that is why the Sinistrals came back.)

Jack: "........!"

Lufia: "Finish this, Jack."

Jack: "Lufia! Don't do this!"

Lufia: "Jack. Destroy me!!"

(The Dual Blade moves toward Lufia)

Jack: "The Dual Blade?"

(The Dual Blade counteracts with Lufia. Lufia and the Dual Blade disappear.)

Jack: "Why did the Dual Blade go to Lufia? Where is she? I never wanted to fight her!"

Voice: "Jack."

(Jack turns around and sees Lufia at the bottom of the stairs. He runs to her.)

Jack: "Lufia!"

Lufia: "I was so scared. All the memories of Erim flooded into my mind! They just wouldn't stop! I started to forget about you, Jack."

Jack: "That's why you disappeared in front of me?"

Lufia: "But...when you called my name, I realized...I remembered you, Jack."

Jack: "Don't talk now."

Lufia: "Jack, it's alright. The Sinistrals are gone forever."

Jack: "Lufia! Hold on!"

Lufia: "Jack. I was much happier in the short time I lived as Lufia than the eternity I spent as Erim."

Jack: "What are you talking about? We'll always be together."

Lufia: "Jack, I don't want to go, yet. I want to be close to you, Jack."

Jack: "You won't die! I won't let you, Lufia!"

Lufia: "Really?"

Hero: "Trust me!"

Lufia: "We'll always be together? For a long time? Good. Good...."

Jack: "A long time, Lufia."

Lufia: "........"

Jack: "Lufia?"

Lufia: "........"

Jack: "Lufia!"

(Floor falls beneath Lufia.)

Jack: "Lufia!!"

Aguro: "Jack! Doom Island! It's falling!"

Jerin: "Let's get out of here! It's dangerous!"

Aguro: "Jack! Come quickly!"

Jack: "Lufia."

Aguro: "What are you doing? Come on!"




Arek screams, "Nooooooooo!!!! Daos, Erim, Amon, and Gades! Gone forever! It can't be! How could these petty humans defeat them....AGAIN?"

Egar sits on the floor as he watches the screen. He doesn't see much of his own kind. He doesn't say anything.

"The island is falling. Jack, Aguro, and Jerin are still inside. They might not escape fast enough," said Arek, "Egar! Switch the tele-view mode to follow those three."

"Yes, master," Egar replies. He goes to the wall once again and pushes a few buttons.

They continue to watch:



Aguro: "Jack! We're getting out of here!"

Jerin: "Jack! Quickly!"

(Jack, Aguro, and Jerin narrowly escapes and flies off of Doom Island in their airship just in time. Doom Island falls to the bottom of the sea once again. The three heroes are now on safe land.)

Aguro: "Whew! We escaped just in time!"

Jerin: "Any longer, and we would have disappeared with Doom Island!"

(Aguro and Jerin watch Jack as he wonders north.)

Jerin: "Jack!"

Aguro: "Don't Jerin. There's nothing you can say to Jack right now."

Jerin: "But...but!"

Aguro: "We defeated the Sinistrals. Our journey ends here. No one can stop Jack."

Jerin: "So, are we supposed to say goodbye now? Must it end this way? I can't........"

(Jerin watches as Jack walks farther away)

Jerin: "Jack."




"DAMN! EGAR! Turn off the tele-view!" Arek demanded.

"Yes, master," said Egar. He goes to the wall and pressed a few more buttons. After he did, he sat against that wall, without touching the buttons of course.

Arek is outraged. He yells, "How...how, could these insignificant humans defeat us? Curse that Dual Blade! But at last the Dual Blade is destroyed for good when it went for Erim. I shall have my revenge on this pitiful world! Nobody will get away with killing Sinistrals!"

Egar softly says, "You have one aspect on your side, master..."

"What's that, Egar?!"

"Nobody knows of you or this island."

"That is what happened with Daos and the others 110 years ago, and look what happened?! They're dead. You were brought from the era when they first attacked, you should know that, human!"

Egar softly replies, "Yes, but they went too slow on their attack."

"What are you saying?"

Egar softly suggests, "If you really want to have successful revenge, why not have a large surprise attack when they least expect it?"

"Very good point," Arek growls, "How did this human come up with that?!"

Egar said, "It's because I've been around you for so long. So in fact it was your idea!"

"Yes...Yes!! That sound like me doesn't it? O aha!" Arek explodes, "Now. How to do it...Hmm....I'll think on it. Egar, you may go to bed now, and tomorrow you will hear my great plan."

The Next Day


Sinistrals don't need much sleep. They probably could live without it. Arek just sits in his throne, dozes off once in awhile. He sees Egar come from his bedroom. Egar sees Arek stare in his direction. Even after 110 years, it still freaks him out.

"Egar! I have developed my plan for my revenge!" Said Arek. He is very excited, in an evil sinisterly way. He continues, "Come here Egar, and let me tell you my plan!"

Egar is still only partially awake. He yawns while he says, "Yes...master...what *yawn* is your plan?"

"I have decided I will create these huge evil black dragons that breathe acid, will terrorize the world, and turn it into chaos. They will be indestructible. These dragons will smash the world!! HA HAHAHA!!!"

Egar softly pointed out something, "You want to rule the world, am I right?"

"Yes...why do you ask!?"

"If you want to rule the world, why are you going to totally destroy it? Don't you want something to rule over?"

Arek growls again, "Yes...Grr.."

Egar then says, "Remember that I have been around you for a long time, it's your thinking."

"Yes...Yes!! Of course! Then these black dragons will just terrorize, put the world into chaos and, and destroy a few towns here and there," said the evil Sinistral.

Egar softly says, "Sounds good to me..."

Arek goes to the map of the world which is against the wall that is opposite of the wall containing the controls for the tele-view.

Arek looks at it and turns around to face Egar and yells, "Yes! I will have my vengeance on those pathetic humans. No offense to you Egar, my faithful servant. In one year I WILL MY HAVE REVENGE!!! HA HAHAHAHA!!!"

Arek looks at Egar, "Come! Share an evil laugh with me on this fine moment!"

Egar sighs and tries, "Umm... Haha ha haha?"

Arek frowns, "No Egar. Like this. HA HAHAHAHA!!!"

Egar tries again, "Ahem. Ha hahahaha?"

Arek sighs, "Good enough! HA HAHAHAHA!!!"


Part 2: The Calm Before the Storm



It is around noontime. Arek's three black dragons are in their tubes in the incubation room. The room is down the hall from Arek's throne room. He is sitting in his throne once again, with an evil grin on his face. He watches the very nearly complete dragons in their developing.

With an evil tone Arek said, "Yes..."

Arek thinks and looks around. He called to Egar, "Egar!"

Egar is eating his lunch. Sinistrals generally don't eat, but they can if they want to. Egar was trusted by now by Arek that he wouldn't try to escape (although it was impossible anyway). He's been here for 111 years already. Egar also knows that Arek, could kill him at any time anyway. He comes into the chamber room where Arek is sitting in his throne, "Yes, master?"

"It has been nearly one year now, and the time to act is almost here. My black dragons are close to ready and in one month I will have my revenge! HA HAHAHA!!!" said the sinister Sinistral, "Turn on the tele-view. I want to see what those three humans are doing. First tune on to Aguro."

Egar goes to the right wall and presses a few buttons, the screen comes down, and the sound is on. Aguro is in his hometown of Lorbenia. He is talking to a soldier outside the Lorbenian army headquarters:



Soldier: "Commander Aguro! Where are you going? We're training recruits today. You have to be there!"

Aguro: "I have something else to do. I leave the training to you. You can do it.

Soldier: "But! It's my first time! I can't...!"

Aguro: "Silence! Stop moaning! Just do it! That's an order!"

Soldier: "Yes, sir!"

(Lorbenia is a coastal town. Aguro huries to the northeast dock. Jerin is there.)

Aguro: "Sorry to be so long, Jerin."

Jerin: "It's been a year. Hasn't it, Aguro?"

Aguro: "Yes."

Jerin: "I wonder what happened to Jack?"

Aguro: "I don't know. He's not in Alekia. I don't know where is now, but..."

Jerin: "But what?"

Aguro: "I know I'll see him again. I just feel it."

Jerin: "Yes. I feel the same thing. We'll see him again"

Aguro: "A year has passed, Jerin. And there's something I want to ask you."

Jerin: "What's going on, Aguro? It's not like you to be so serious."

Aguro: "How long do you think you're going to stay in this town?

Jerin: "What?"

Aguro: "What do you mean, ‘What?'. A year ago, you said there was no place for you to go. So I brought you here. And yet, you've never looked for a new home."

Jerin: "What are you saying? Am I bothering you?"

Aguro: "Yes. You're bothering me. Thanks to you, I can't even eat unless I serve in the army!"

Jerin: "Hey! I earn my keep, don't I?"

Aguro: "It costs more that that when two people live together. I don't even have a girlfriend!"

Jerin: "You couldn't find a girlfriend even if I wasn't living with you!"

Aguro: "You weren't cute when I met you! One year later, you're still not cute!"

Jerin: "I don't care if you think I'm cute or not!"

Aguro: "What an attitude! No wonder you can't find a place to live!"




Arek said, "Okay Egar. That's enough of those two. Turn on to Jack."

"Oky doky," said Egar. He goes to the buttons and presses a few. Jack is in the town of Arus. They watch:



Jack: "Arus village. Lufia's favorite flower, Priphea, was in full bloom then."

(Jack walks towards the back side of the town. There is a field of Priphea, a house a few yards away, and a girl is there.)

Jack: "........!"

Girl: "Hello. Are you a traveller?"

Jack: "Yes. I'm Jack. I've been traveling around the world for a year now."

Girl: "Around the world? I envy you. I've never been far from the village."

Jack: "Excuse me, but may I ask you name?"

Girl: "I'm Lufia. I live in this village with my grandfather."

Jack: "Lu...Lufia?"

Lufia: "Is there...is there something wrong with my name?"

Jack: "No! Not at all."

(Lufia turns to face the house)

Lufia: "Oh, Grandpa!"

(An old man walks down along side of Lufia. This old man name is Flake. He is a very wise elder that has helped Jack and his friends in their travels not more than a year ago.)

Lufia: "Grandpa, this is Jack. He's been traveling around the world."

Flake: "Oh my! Welcome to our little village. We're simple people, but please enjoy your stay here."

Lufia: "Say, Grandpa, if it's alright, why don't we let him stay with us? I want to hear about the world outside this village."

Flake: "Now, that's a good idea. What do you say, Jack? Would you tell her some of your stories?"

Jack: "Of course. I'd be happy to."

Lufia: "Oh, thank you! I'll go and make some tea!"

(Lufia leaves and goes into the house to make tea. Jack turns to Flake.)

Jack: "Tell me, Flake. Who is she?"

Flake: "That's Lufia."

Jack: "That can't be true! Lufia is..a year ago...I...."

Flake: "We moved her to this village after her fall from Doom Island. She was weak, but she survived."

Jack: "So, you're saying that she's really Lufia?"

Flake: "Yes. She's Lufia alright. But she can't use her magic now."

Jack: "What do you mean, she can't use magic?"

Flake: "She's just an ordinary girl now."

Jack: "But, why....?"

Flake: "Maybe because of the Dual Blade. Its great power affects people in different ways. The blade's energy changed Lufia. Her magic and her memory...all gone."

Jack: "Changed her? How can that be?"

Flake: "No doubt about it. When I found her, she couldn't even remember how to speak."

Jack: "Well, what about her memory now?"

Flake: "I taught her what she knows. Parts of that are just an illusion."

Jack: "I didn't know. But why do you want me to help Lufia so much?"

Flake: "I don't know. I just...."

(Lufia steps out of the door)

Lufia: "Grandpa! Jack! Tea's ready. Come inside and relax."

(Flake and Jack smell the cinnamon tea Lufia is holding. The old Lufia a year ago, loved cinnamon, and made it all the time for Jack.)

Flake: "Oh, you made cinnamon tea. You usually don't make it. What changed your mind?"

Lufia: "Well, we have a guest and I thought it would be nice."

Flake: "When my guests come, you make ordinary tea."

Lufia: "That's not true! Sometimes I make it for your guests!"

Flake: "Ha! Ha! That's alright. My friends alone can't make you do this. I understand. But Jack is your own age, Lufia. I know you'd want to do something special!"

Lufia: "What! Oh, you! How can you say that, Grandpa? Forgive us, Jack. Just ignore him."

Flake: "I see. So, Lufia. You're saying you don't like him?"

Lufia: "I never said that! Let's just have our tea, please."

(Lufia goes back into the house.)

Jack: "It's Lufia. It's really her, isn't it?"

Flake: "Yes. But she's different from the Lufia you knew."

Jack: "I don't care! As long as she's alive."

Flake: "Even without her memory? She doesn't even remember you."

Jack: "Memories......"

Jack: "That's alright. We'll make new memories."

(Lufia comes out of the house again.)

Lufia: "What are you two talking about? Come inside, the tea is getting cold."

Flake: "Come, come on! Lufia's waiting."

Jack: "I'll be right there!"




"Erim...Or what's left of her. Erim is dead, but the body of Lufia survived. Amazing," Arek sighs, "Will Jack and Lufia fall in love again? If they do, it'll make the revenge all the sweeter. The three dragons will fall on the cities of Alekia, Lorbenia, and Arus. My dragons will take care of those humans that killed Daos, Erim, Amon, and Gades and then they will take revenge on the rest of the world! HA HAHAHAHA!!!"

Arek looks at Egar, "You may pull up the tele-view."

Egar turns off the tele-view.

Arek growls, "In one month I will have my revenge. It is so close I can feel it. Those humans won't know what hit ‘em!!"

At Flake's house in Arus


Jack, Flake, and Lufia are in Flake's kitchen, sitting at a table, their tea in front of them. Jack speaks first.

"Good house Flake and Lufia."

"Thank you, Lufia keeps up the place pretty well. She takes great care of me."

"Awww Grandpa, stop it," Lufia said with a smile, "So Jack, tell me what the world is like out there."

Jack replies, "Before I answer that, I want to say what great cinnamon tea you make! I love it. And you look really nice today."

"Why, Thank you!" said Lufia. She couldn't stop smiling.

Flake inputs, "She makes great cinnamon pie too."

Jack is surprised; the old Lufia loved to make cinnamon pie, "Really? I love cinnamon pie."

Jack remembers old Lufia's cinnamon tea, the greatest in the world. This tasted just like it! It made him want some of Lufia's cinnamon pie too.

Lufia looks at Jack, "You do? Well, I'll just have to make you one sometime, won't I?" she pauses then says, "So now, can you tell me something about the outside world?"

Jack is wondering off looking at Lufia, and it took him a second to respond, "Oh, yes. It's umm. It's green."

Jack is having a hard time concentrating. He hadn't seen Lufia in such a long time. He tries to keep in mind that Lufia isn't the same person as she used to be. But Lufia does seem mysteriously similar.

Lufia laughs, "It's green, is it? I'd surely hope so."

Jack laughs with her, "Yeah. The world is green. Haha. Well, to start of is that there are mountains and many seas..."

Jack goes and talks about the various towns. A few adventures he had been in. Through this whole time, Jack and Lufia couldn't stop looking at each other.

After awhile, Lufia made supper. After a couple more stories, it is now late evening, the sun had gone down.

Jack gets up, "It's getting late now, I should probably get going..."

Flake cut it in, "Where are you sleeping tonight? I had heard you don't go back to Alekia anymore."

Jack is a little stunned, "Umm... I usually stay at a hotel."

Flake has an idea, "Why don't you spend the night here? You could tell Lufia more of your adventures and...maybe...you could...get to know each other?"

Lufia still has her eyes on Jack, "Umm..." she had wandered, "Oh, yeah. That's real nice of you Grandpa," she turns to Jack, "Would you like to?"

Jack is off in lala land, "Sure! Thanks a lot Flake. That would be great."

Flake turns to Lufia, "Then it's settled! I'm happy. Jack can sleep on the couch. Lufia, could you get a pillow and a blanket for Jack?"

"Sure, Grandpa. I'll be right back, Jack. We'll have fun tonight!"

When Lufia had left, Flake turns to Jack, "So what do you think of her?"

"What do you mean, ‘What do you think of her?' That sure is an odd question."

Flake corrects himself, "I mean, how does she seem to the old Lufia?"

"Oh, okay. She acts the same, I haven't seen any differences, and she makes cinnamon tea and pie? Why is she so similar?" Jack asked.

"Well, when I told Lufia what she knew, I had remembered her from our meeting a year ago. The old Lufia had told me she liked to make stuff with cinnamon in them. And I guess her values and attitude stay even with amnesia. It's mainly her past that is an illusion. I had told her that her parents passed away when she was 10, and she's lived with me ever since. Explaining the amnesia, I told her that she was swimming one time, a big wave of water came in, swept her to hit her head with a rock. After a few hours had passed, I got worried, and I found her."

Jack thanks Flake, "That explains it, thanks. I have a question, are you trying to hook Lufia and I up? Inviting me for tea, then asking if I want to stay for the night?"

Flake, a little embarrassed, says, "Well, you were in love with her before were you not? You said that she is similar to the old Lufia. And besides, Lufia needs somebody. She needs to have someone like you, Jack. Someone of the same age. I'm getting old now and I won't be around forever. I've noticed you two couldn't keep your eyes off each other."

"Well, that's true. I did love Lufia, the old Lufia that is. This Lufia is still different. She is stunningly similar though. I'm not sure what to do. I would definitely like to find out about the new Lufia."

Flake replied, "That's good. All you can do is to follow your heart..."

That's when Lufia came back. She came into the kitchen and says, "It's all ready Jack."

"I'm glad we had a good talk," Flake said to Jack, "I should get to bed. You two go and talk some more."

"Good night, Grandpa," said Lufia cheerfully.

"G'night Flake," said Jack and added, "And Flake?...Thanks."

Flake smiled and went up the stairs to his room. Lufia and Jack go into the living room and sit on opposite sides of the couch. Their legs overlap and so they are fully looking at each other.

"So..." said Jack.

"So..." repeated Lufia.

"What do you think of what I've said so far?"

"It's great. I never knew our world was that big. I thank you a lot!"

"I haven't gotten into half of it!"

"Really? Wow. Could you tell me more?"

"Yeah, I'd love to..."

Jack continues talking. This goes on for hours. Lufia talks about herself and some of her experiences. Then they talk about everything else practically. It gets so late they both fall asleep on the couch.

After that night Jack decides to stick around Arus village. Jack and Lufia start to date. Flake likes what is happening. He is happy for both Jack and Lufia. This goes on for a few weeks. All is well until...


Part 3: The Attack



We are now back in Arek's fortress. Arek is very excited. He is sitting in his throne like usual. It is late afternoon. Egar is lying on the ground and bored; dozing off.

Arek screams, "The day is finally here! My black dragons are ready for destruction, HA HAHAHAHA!!! Today, I will get my vengence!" he looks down at Egar, "Are you excited too?!"

Egar, jumped when Arek yelled, softly replies, "Oh yeah. Yippee..."

"That's the spirit!!"

"Arek, Apocalypse Island will have to be visible when the black dragons are dropped on the ground. And are you sure you had not forgotten anything when you created the dragons?"

"Of course not your human unperfected fool! What could I have forgotten?"

"Can the dragons survive outside their capsules?"

"Of course they can! Why couldn't they?"

"I don't know, if you're sure, then that's okay by me."

"Alright then! At dusk my dragons will descend upon the world and create chaos! HA HAHAHA!!!"

Outside of Flake's house on the Priphea flower field


Priphea are small beautiful flowers. They flower very rarely. Jack and Lufia are lying on their sides facing each other. They're chatting.

Jack says, "It's been a wonderful day Lufia. Thank you for the fine day."

She smiles, "Your welcome. Thank you too. I've had a fun time this past month."

She sniffs the flowers, "Don't you just love Priphea flowers? They bloom so rarely. When they do, they look and smell beautiful."

Jack smiles, "Yeah, Lufia they do," and Jack pauses.

Lufia asks, "What are you thinking, Jack?"

"Oh, nothing really. Isn't great the world is safe?"

"Yes, it is. I'm glad that I can walk around, without worry."

Their eyes close, but when their faces come closer, and Jack stops because he thought he had heard something.

"Jack?"

He falls back, "Did you hear that?"

"What did you hear?"

Jack hears the sound again. It sounded like a shriek of a monster. This time it's louder, "There, again, did you hear it?"

There's a third shriek, it was loud enough that Lufia heard, "Yeah, it sound like..."

Jack interrupts her, "A...dragon? How could that be? I don't know of any dragons, why would one come to this village?"

The fourth shriek is loud enough that it makes Jack and Lufia turn towards the front of the city. And there, in the entrance to the village was a black dragon.

Lufia gasps, "Oh, my!"

Jack comforts her, "I'll go and see. Thank goodness I kept his sword with me today. It's like a part of me"

"Can I come with you? I won't get in the way."

"It's dangerous! I can't..."

"I'll stand away. Far enough away from the dragon."

"Alright. You be careful then!"

Lufia kneels behind a wall, which is 500 yards away from the dragon. The dragon is huge! Its a 10 times bigger than a house! How could this thing be destroyed?

Jack goes up to the dragon ready to fight. He then notices that the dragon is having a hard time breathing with his lungs. Its head swerves from side to side, falls back, and all of a sudden, the whole body falls forward. Jack jumps out of the way.

Jack is very puzzled, he goes up to Lufia, "How did that happen??"

Lufia suggested, "I noticed after every second, it had a harder time breathing. That is weird certainly."

Then a lady outside her house hanging laundry screams!

Jack and Lufia rush up to her, "Ma'am what is it?"

The lady is stunned and she points her finger upward. Lufia and Jack look up. Very high in the sky and very little, you could see an, island!?!

Jack yells, "How could this be possible?!"

At the front of the town, Aguro and Jerin teleport at the entrance to the town. They see Jack and Lufia. They run up to them.

Jerin is the first to speak, "Lufia?!?"

Lufia replies, "Yes, that's me, who are you?"

"I'm Jerin. One of Jack's friends."

Jerin then turns to look at Jack. Jack says, "It's a long story. But how did you find me?"

Aguro answered, "Jerin tried teleporting to every town we've been to, so we ended up coming here. I see you have a dragon dead too. In Lorbenia, so did we."

Jack nods and points Aguro and Jerin to the sky, "Look."

Aguro and Jerin look up and says, "Ohhh, my!"

Aguro then says, "It can't be! It looks different though. We should go check it out. We still have the airship. It's in Lorbenia. Let's go up there."

Jack replies, "Yeah...."

Then the island disappears.

Jerin was the first to notice, "Where did the island go?"

The other three look up; it's gone.

Jack is surprised, "Now that's weird isn't it? Well, there's nothing we can do about it now, but come see me if you see it again..."

Back at Arek's fortress


"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Arek screams on the top of his lungs, "How?! Why?! What went wrong with my dragons!?"

The tele-view is on and showing Arus village. It shows the dead black dragon, Jack, Aguro, Jerin, and Lufia.

Arek is in his throne and Egar on the floor. They were both looking at the tele-view. Arek tries to think. He had seen that the dragon had hard time breathing.

Egar is also thinking. He asks Arek, "When you made them, what did you have them breathe?"

"Helium of course, why?"

"There isn't enough helium in the air down below to breathe and live on."

"WHAT?! #@$%!! I can't believe this happened!!"

Arek thinks and growls, "I will be back. You can count on that Egar. I will NOT fail next time...WATCH OUT JACK!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"



The End
<End>